Tuesday, November 11, 2008

friends....

Do you ever feel like the world is crashing down around you? Do you ever see people that are close to you, that are making poor decisions, or hurting others that are close to you, and there is nothing you can do about it?

My friend of nearly 17 years, has just broken up with her boyfriend of nearly 5 years....with an email. The boyfriend has been a very good friend to me in the past....these last few years we haven't been as close....but his sister was a bridesmaid in my wedding, she introduced me to Joe, I'm to be her personal attendant in her wedding next spring.

The boyfriend is broken and bleeding, and the sister is a ball of anger. Now I don't agree with the way my friend chose to break it off....but she's still my friend. At the same time....I don't want to loose my friends on the other side. The sister has told me that we are okay....that she is not upset with me for still being there for my friend. But....I can't help but feel like I'm betraying the sister's friendship by simply continuing to be friends with this girl.

All I can do is wait. Time will heal the wounds. Hopefully I can stay sane through all of this.

1 comment:

  1. Ashley, you've been nothing but a great friend throughout all of this. I know it's hard for you. I can't imagine how hard it is for you.

    I'm having a massive relapse today. You guys are both awesome. I don't know that I'll stop over tonight anymore. I've taken too much of your physical and emotional time and energy already.

    I'm so sorry to put you through all this.

    ReplyDelete